Cityscope is looking for a talented UI/UX Designer to work on its app and web platform
Cityscope.media is a mobile app focused on delivering regional information, curated classifieds, and hyperlocal commerce in Indian cities. Cityscope aims to wipe out the noise and provide context and quality curation based. The content part of our platform aims to provide original content and actionable information that matters in the form of news briefs, collections, citizen stories, and things unique to a city. There is very little being done to equip you with relevant and factual intelligence. The Cityscope app aims to wipe out the noise and give you context. Driven by the idea to present unique and untold stories, we bring to you a mobile application that aims to make you fully aware of all the important regional, national and global developments taking place around you and also experience the best a city has to offer and all the recommendations/happenings and resources.
Cityscope is also working towards building a hyperlocal marketplace around creators and entrepreneurs to empower homegrown brands and offer a curated classifieds and city experiences section. You will find -
✅ Resource centre with curated guides to service providers and businesses
✅ Job boards and opportunities in the city
✅ Best of events, happenings, and things to do
✅ Classes, sessions with experts, and unique experiences
We look first and foremost for people who are passionate about solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. You will get to make a deep impact at a game-changing media company. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating a hyperlocal digital network. You will get to work with a talented team in a highly collaborative work environment.
The UI/UX Designer is responsible for designing and developing interfaces that are both user-friendly and visually appealing. This includes the visual layout, interaction design, information architecture, and typography. The UI/UX Designer will work closely with engineers to ensure that the designs are feasible, scalable, and compatible with our technology stack.
- Take the initiative in design thought leadership, innovation, and creativity
- Work with developers to prototype new features or design changes
- Design workflows, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups for our products and services.
- Work closely with stakeholders to translate product requirements into high-quality designs
- Ensure alignment between marketing copy and design
- Work closely with engineers to ensure that the designs are feasible, scalable, and compatible with our technology stack.
- Provide input on design decisions
- Conduct user interviews to identify needs, wants, pain points, etc.
- Collaborate with product managers to define design requirements
- Minimum of 2 years experience as a designer or UX/UI designer.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated success designing interfaces that are both user-friendly and visually appealing.
- Proficiency with design and rapid-prototyping tools is required. Such as Sketch, Adobe Suite (InDesign & XD), Webflow, Figma, HTML, coding, and so on
- Strong systems thinking with the ability to organise complex data into useful and usable information is required.
- Excellent teamwork skills
What you will get:
- A truly fulfilling learning experience where you are given the tools to do your best work and can profoundly impact the quality of content people have access to
- Competitive compensation and stock options as per industry standard for a bootstrapped company
- Access to subscriptions for courses and top data, news and knowledge portals for your learning curve
- A subscription to a Wellness, Mindfulness, or mental health app of your choice.
Please apply through the Linkedin posting or write to email@example.com with your work details, portfolio projects, and prototypes you may have built. Please feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for further details. We look forward to making this a worthwhile experience for you and Analog.