Cityscope (www.cityscope.media) is looking for an Editor, Writer and Content strategist for its local news and information portal. Cityscope is looking to help promote active citizenship in tier 2/3 towns and shorten information gaps. We are looking at self-driven individuals who will assist the content team to organize and distribute content across various social platforms and maintain relationships with various stakeholders by engaging through data-driven insights and marketing collaterals. You will get to work with a quirky team in a highly collaborative work environment. You will get to make a deep impact at a game-changing media company. The ideal candidate is a hard-working team player who will play a critical role in creating original digital content across various social media platforms, cityscape mobile apps and website.
To apply for the position, the ideal candidate must have 2 to 3 years in journalism and media (digital experience preferred)
The ideal candidate must be fluent in digital editorial practices and tools, in areas such as online audience engagement, SEO writing and a basic sense of social media and analytics. The candidate must also demonstrate the ability to exercise sound news judgment and generate factual, error-free online copy and videos quickly in breaking news situations.
In addition to applying here, do send your writing samples, published articles and portfolio to email@example.com
Key Duties and Responsibilities :
- Manage and edit all content to cater to readers’/viewers’ requirements and provide detailed information for the same with complete SEO compliance and traffic metrics
- Demonstrate strong content editing/proofreading abilities, including knowledge of AP style. Checking for spelling and grammatical mistakes in the headlines and body copies
- Ensure that the copy is written in such a way that it is readable and understandable for the target audience
- Train new writers and help them come to speed. Liasoning with the writers to clear doubts, improve performance & productivity
- Maintain a log of common errors and provide accurate feedback to writers
- Design innovative and unique solutions to optimize routine news coverage.
- Evaluate all news for authenticity and check with sources to ensure the correctness of published articles to avoid conflicts.
- Manage and edit daily news, special news stories, and periodical items with help of video editing tools to facilitate video telecast.
- Design and implement coverage strategies to facilitate wide coverage of all sorts of issues and news.
- Ability to work across multiple teams to drive projects to completion with proven ability to manage multiple deliverables at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- An eye for detail along with critical thinking, logical reasoning& adept at spotting mistakes
- Expert understanding of video and ad formats as well as the production process.
- Liaise with content writers to ensure consistency
- Stay up-to-date with developments and generate new ideas to draw the audience’s attention
What we offer?
- Excellent Career Progression and growth opportunity
- Competitive Compensation Package
- Energetic and Enthusiastic Work Environment